There's only one thing I enjoy more than getting dressed up. It's getting dressed up and going somewhere that dressing up is necessary! Most of the time I find myself, what most would consider, over-dressed. It doesn't phase me because it's just something I enjoy. But it's a nice change of pace to be in a room full of people who all put in a lot of effort to get ready for the night. Attending the BET awards this year definitely satisfied all my cravings for Lux style!
Keep in mind, most of the attendees at this event have a team of professionals dressing them, handling hair, make-up and every aspect of their look. So how do you level up to celeb status with a team of just "me, myself and I"? I've got you covered...
Here are my 5 keys to a show-stopping outfit that is sure to turn heads without a personal stylist.
1. INSPIRATION. Google can be your best friend for finding inspiring looks on fashion blogs and other platforms. Sometimes it can be easier to get an idea from something that is eye catching and find your own way of putting it together rather than just starting from scratch with no direction. Put together a style board on Pinterest to get started!
2. PLAN AHEAD. There is nothing worse than being really excited for an event and then scrambling for a dress at the last minute, that you won't end up liking anyway. If you're anything like me, the more planned out the outfit, the more comfortable you feel and the more you enjoy the moment. It's much better than stressing out to find something and being unhappy with what you had to settle for.
3. MIX IT UP. Don't be afraid to mix prints and textures! This can take your look from ordinary to spectacular with just one simple step. If this feels too a little daring and you're unsure, it's always good to get a second opinion from a style conscious friend. Send me a message! I would love to help.
4. ACCESSORIZE. This is a perfect excuse to treat yourself to that great clutch you spotted a little while ago online but didn't buy because you had nowhere to where it. Well, now you do! Don't just wear something that you already have and try to MAKE it work. Having the right accessories can make or break an outfit. If you don't have any shoes that fit your look, pick up those over the top heels you've been eyeing. You're closest will thank you later.
5. SPARKLE. You should never miss an opportunity to shine and look your best. So when the event calls for it, GO FOR IT! Even if it's just a bracelet or a small accent. It will boost your confidence and have you walking into the room feeling like the glam goddess you are!
Bodysuit: Missguided- Sold out :(
Skirt: LuLu's- HERE
Shoes: Ego- HERE
Clink the link HERE to see if you can spot me in my look while sharing the screen with MIGOS!
Like & Share!
Much LOVE! - Lauren Lux